Sunday, July 5, 2009

the 4th on vashon

I got to spend this gorgeous hot 4th of July weekend at my friends parents house on the shores of Vashon Island.
The highlights:
  • many many games of Pinochle, Mille Bornes, Tripoli, and Crazy 8s
  • the greatest water fight I've ever participated in
  • observing 28 year old men throw fireworks at each other
  • being part of the coordinated lighting of 28 mortars at the same time and holding a lit roman candle in my hand...and not having it be blown off
  • hanging out with liz and phil's 8 week old puppy, indy
(my favorite picture this weekend)


I walked upstairs Saturday morning and Ethan was sitting at the table eating breakfast. He looks up at me and says, "You're beautiful," giggles shyly and scrunches his hands over his mouth. Adorable. I wish I could have gotten a picture of that sweet kid right then but I got this one instead.


Then a few pictures on macro...
and my fantastic weekend on Vashon came to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment